Monday, December 28, 2009

You better Sit Down!!

Yes you better sit down to read this little paragraph. So the end of November, i went to tithing settlement but went by myself cause Jon was still helping Rawlin. So i get there and we get tithing settlement all out of the way and my Bishop says, So can i ask you a favor? I said sure. He said, so can we give you a new church calling, will you be willing to get released from primary and serve in the Young Women's presidency? I said yes i guess. Then he said, oh I wish Jon was here to ask this next favor. Will you guys talk in Church on December 13Th. I started laughing. I told him i would but i told him there was no way in Heck that he was going to get Jon to say yes. I told him i wasn't asking him for him, that he had to be the one to ask him. Well i show up to church that next Sunday and Bishop stops me in the hallway and says, Hey i got him to say yes. I about pooped my pants. Well about Wednesday Jon comes to me and says, will you get me Bishops number. I said sure and gave it to him. The next thing i know he is on the phone with Bishop telling him he is backing out and that he hasn't been able to sleep the previous 2 nights and that his stomach has been hurting him just thinking about it. Well to no surprise by my Bishop, he didn't get out of it. We talked in Church and Jon didn't pass out. I was very happy with him and how good of job he did.

1 comment:

Callie said...

I wish I could have been there to witness Jon talking in church, but I have it on good authority that you both did an EXCELLENT job.